Liu: Mom, could I have a mobile phone?
刘:妈妈,我可以拥有一部手机吗?
Mom: I' m afraid you can' t. Young students shouldn't have mobile phones.
妈妈:恐怕不行。年纪小的学生不应该拥有手机。
Liu: Why? Mobile phones are very useful. My friends use them to learn English and send e--mails.
刘:为什么?手机非常有用。我的朋友们用手机学英语和发电子邮件。
Mom: But they also use mobile phones to go on the Internet and read e--books.It takes too much time and it's bad for their eyes.
妈妈:但是他们还用手机上网和读电子书。那花费太多的时间,并且对他们的眼睛有害。
Liu: I won't use it to go on the Internet or read e--books.I' ll only use it to make phone calls and learn English.
刘:我不会用它上网和读电子书。我只会用它打电话和学英语。
Mom: OK.Let me think about it.
妈妈:好的。让我考虑一下。
Liu: Hello, may I speak to Kitty?
刘:你好,我可以和凯蒂通话吗?
Cathy: Sorry, Kitty is out. This is Kitty's sister, Cathy. Can I take a message?
凯茜:对不起,凯蒂出去了。 我是凯蒂的妹妹凯茜。我可以留言吗?
Liu: Sure. This is Liu Zhaoyang. Could you please ask Kitty to call me?
刘:当然可以。我是刘朝阳。可以请你让凯蒂给我打电话吗?
Cathy: OK. I'll tell her when she comes back.
凯茜:好的。当她回来的时候我就会告诉她。
Kitty: Hello! Is that Liu Zhaoyang?
凯蒂:你好!你是刘朝阳吗?
Liu: Yes. This is Liu Zhaoyang speaking. Who is that?
刘:是的。我是刘朝阳。你是谁?
Kitty: This is Kitty.
凯蒂:我是凯蒂
Liu: Hi, Kitty! Where did you go this morning?
刘:嗨,凯蒂!今天上午你去哪里了?
Kitty: Oh, I went shopping with my mom. She bought me a mobile phone.
凯蒂:哦,我和我妈妈去购物了。她给我买了一部手机。
Liu: Great! You can play games on it.
刘:太好了!你可以用它玩游戏。
Kitty: I won't play games.I will use it to make phone calls and send messages.
凯蒂:我将不玩游戏。我将用它打电话和发短信。
Liu: Sounds good. I hope to have a mobile phone, too.
刘:听起来不错。我也希望有一部手机。