Oliver: Sarah, today is Parents’ Day.
奥利弗:萨拉,今天是家长日。
Sarah: Yes. My mother is coming, but my father is too busy.
萨拉:是的。我妈妈将会来,但是我爸爸太忙了。
Oliver: I see. What does your father do?
奥利弗:我知道了。你爸爸是做什么的?
Sarah: He’s a doctor.
萨拉:他是医生。
Sarah: Is your father here today?
萨拉:你爸爸今天在这儿吗?
Oliver: No. He’s in Australia.
奥利弗:不。他在澳大利亚。
Sarah: What does he do?
萨拉:他是做什么的?
Oliver: He’s a businessman. He often goes to other countries.
奥利弗:他是商人。他经常去其他国家。
Sarah: And what does your mother do?
萨拉:你妈妈是做什么的?
Oliver: She’s a head teacher.
奥利弗:她是校长。
Sarah: That’s nice.
萨拉:那很好。
Oliver: Yeah. She’ll be here today!
奥利弗:是的。她今天将会在这儿!
Sarah: Do you want to be a head teacher, too?
萨拉:你也想成为校长吗?
Oliver: No, I want to be a businessman.
奥利弗:不,我想成为商人。
Mike: Hi, Xiao Yu. Who’s that tall man?
迈克:嗨,肖宇。那个高个子男人是谁?
Xiao Yu: My uncle.
肖宇:我叔叔。
Mike: He’s so big. What does he do?
迈克:他真高大。他是做什么的?
Xiao Yu: He’s a police officer.
肖宇:他是警察。
Mike: Cool! How does he get to work? On foot?
迈克:酷!他怎么上班?步行吗?
Xiao Yu: No. He goes by car. He often takes me to school on his way to work.
肖宇:不。他乘小汽车上班。在他上班的路上,他经常带我去学校。
Mike: My uncle is a fisherman.
迈克:我叔叔是渔民。
Xiao Yu: Where does he work?
肖宇:他在哪儿工作?
Mike: He works at sea. He sees lots of fish every day!
迈克:他在海上工作。他每天看到很多鱼!
Xiao Yu: I see. How does he go to work? By boat?
肖宇:我知道了。他怎么上班?乘船吗?
Mike: No. He works on a boat. He goes to work by bike.
迈克:不。他在船上工作。他骑自行车上班。
Xiao Yu: He has a very healthy life.
肖宇:他过着非常健康的生活。
Mike: Yes. He works very hard and stays healthy.
迈克:是的。他工作很努力并保持健康。
Xiao Yu: We should study hard and stay healthy, too.
肖宇:我们也应该努力学习并保持健康。
Hu Bin likes sports. He is good at football, ping-pong and basketball. He often goes running after school. He wants to work in a gym.
胡宾喜欢体育运动。他擅长足球、乒乓球和篮球。他经常放学后去跑步。他想在体育馆工作。
Tip: If you like sports, you can be a coach, a sports reporter, or a PE teacher.
提示:如果你喜欢体育运动,你可以成为教练、体育记者或者体育老师。
Sarah likes using computers, and she can type very quickly. She wants to work in an office.
萨拉喜欢用电脑,而且她能非常快速地打字。她想在办公室里工作。
Tip: If you can type quickly, you can be a secretary.
提示:如果你能快速地打字,你可以成为秘书。
Robin wants to be a scientist like Wu Binbin’s grandfather. He studies very hard, and he wants to work in a university.
罗宾想成为像吴彬彬的外祖父那样的科学家。他学习非常努力,他想在大学里工作。
Tip: If you like science, you can be a scientist.
提示:如果你喜欢科学,你可以成为科学家。
Xiao Yu: Hi, Wei Fang. Let’s go home.
肖宇:嗨,魏芳。让我们回家吧。
Wei Fang: Sorry, Xiao Yu. My father will come to get me.
魏芳:对不起,肖宇。我爸爸要来接我。
Xiao Yu: OK. What does your father do?
肖宇:好吧。你爸爸是做什么的?
Wei Fang: My father is a police officer. What about your father?
魏芳:我爸爸是警察。你爸爸呢?
Xiao Yu: My father is a coach. My grandfather is a scientist.
肖宇:我爸爸是教练。我祖父是科学家。
Wei Fang: Cool! My uncle is a postman, but he wants to be a scientist.
魏芳:酷!我叔叔是邮递员,但他想成为科学家。