Guoguo: Hi, Mike! I didn’t see you in school on Monday.
果果:你好,迈克!我星期一在学校没看见你。
Mike: My parents and I took a trip last weekend. We missed our flight and came back late.
迈克:我父母和我上周末去旅行了。我们错过了我们的航班,回来晚了。
Guoguo: Where did you go?
果果:你们去哪里了?
Mike: We flew to Hangzhou.
迈克:我们乘飞机去杭州了。
Guoguo: How did you miss the flight?
果果:你们怎样错过航班的?
Mike: Last Sunday afternoon, at the airport I found I left my passport in the hotel. So we went back for it, and then we missed the flight.
迈克:上个星期日下午,在机场我发现我把护照落在旅馆了。所以我们回去找它,然后我们错过了航班。
Guoguo: I’m sorry to hear that. Your parents must be upset.
果果:听到那个消息我很遗憾。你父母一定很不高兴吧。
Mike: Yes, they were angry because they missed work and I missed school on Monday.
迈克:是的,他们很生气,因为星期一他们错过了上班而我错过了上学。
Grandpa: How was your trip to Hangzhou, Mike?
(外)祖父:你们的杭州之行怎么样,迈克?
Mike: It was fantastic.
迈克:它妙极了。
Grandpa: How did you go to Hangzhou?
(外)祖父:你们怎样去的杭州?
Mike: We went there by air. We visited many places and saw green hills, blue water, small bridges, and old houses.
迈克:我们乘飞机去的那里。我们参观了许多地方,看到了绿色的山、蓝色的水、小桥和古老的房屋。
Grandpa: Did you go to the West Lake?
(外)祖父:你们去西湖了吗?
Mike: Yes, we went around the lake by bike.
迈克:是的,我们绕着西湖骑自行车了。
Grandpa: That sounds special. Did you do some shopping?
(外)祖父:那听起来很特别。你们购物了吗?
Mike: Yes, Mum bought some silk dresses and Dad bought some green tea.
迈克:是的,妈妈买了一些丝绸连衣裙,爸爸买了一些绿茶。
Yangyang: How did people travel many, many years ago, Baobao?
阳阳:许多、许多年以前,人们怎样旅行,宝宝?
Baobao: They walked or rode horses because there were no bikes, cars, or buses.
宝宝:他们步行或者骑马,因为没有自行车、小汽车和公共汽车。
Yangyang: There were no ships, trains, or planes.
阳阳:没有轮船、火车和飞机。
Baobao: Travelling in the old days was very slow.
宝宝:在过去旅行非常慢。
Yangyang: Yes, it was difficult and dangerous, too.
阳阳:是的,它还很困难、很危险。
Baobao: Do you know who invented those vehicles?
宝宝:你知道谁发明了那些交通工具吗?
Yangyang: Some smart people did. Their inventions make our life easy and comfortable.
阳阳:一些聪明的人发明的。他们的发明使我们的生活变得既轻松又舒服。
Baobao: They also make travelling safe and fast.
宝宝:它们也使旅行变得既安全又快捷。