What are moon cakes, Lingling?
月饼是什么,玲玲?
They are round cakes. We call them yuebing.
它们是圆圆的饼。我们称它们为“月饼”。
When do you eat it?
你们什么时候吃月饼?
We eat it on the Mid-Autumn Festival.
我们在中秋节吃月饼。
When is the Mid-Autumn Festival, Lingling?
中秋节在什么时候,玲玲?
It’s on the fifteenth day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar.
它在农历的八月十五。
Can you tell me more about it?
你能告诉我更多关于它的事情吗?
The whole family gets together. We eat moon cakes and fruits, and enjoy the bright full moon.
整个家庭聚在一起。我们吃月饼和水果,欣赏明亮的满月。
When is the Double Ninth Festival?
重阳节在什么时候?
It’s on the ninth day of the ninth month in the Chinese calendar.
它在农历的九月初九。
Old people climb mountains with their families.
老年人和他们的家人一起爬山。
We eat Chongyang cake on that day.
我们在那天吃重阳糕。
What do young people do?
年轻人做什么?
They usually do something for the old.
他们通常为老年人做一些事。
It sounds like a holiday for the old people.
它听起来像是一个老年人的节日。
Yes. I’m going to visit my grandpa. I have a gift for him.
是的。我打算看望我外祖父。我有一份礼物给他。
Hooray! Halloween is coming.
万岁!万圣节前夕要到了。
When is it?
它在什么时候?
It’s on October 31st.
它在十月三十一日。
Can you tell me more about it?
你能告诉我更多关于它的事情吗?
Well, children dress up at night. We knock on doors and say “ Trick or treat ” . We get candy.
嗯,孩子们在晚上打扮。我们敲门说“不给糖就捣蛋”。我们得到糖果。
You must have a lot of fun and get a lot of candy.
你们一定玩得很开心,并且得到很多糖果。
Yes. We enjoy dressing up as superheroes or aliens.
是的。我们喜欢打扮成超级英雄或外星人。
Sounds exciting!
听起来很令人激动!